This website privacy statement applies to the Construction Training Fund website, ctf.wa.gov.au
Our privacy statement does not apply when you follow a link from this website to another site.
Collection of personal information
You can browse the general content of ctf.wa.gov.au anonymously. If you need to use the CTF portal, you will need to provide personal information.
When you use the portal you consent to CTF using that information including your company name, your email address and phone number.
The information will be recorded in a secure database and used to allow CTF to communicate with you. It will only be disclosed as required or permitted by law and will not otherwise be passed on to other parties.
We will not use or disclose information collected about you other than for a reason we have told you about, a purpose you would expect or you have otherwise authorised or because it is required or permitted by law.
You can request access to the information we have collected from you if you have any concerns about the accuracy or extent of that information by emailing us at email@example.com and including the words “privacy concerns” in the subject line.
You can read our complaints policy and how we deal with complaints here.
The CTF portal is designed for users to get information and review levy payments and claims.
The portal documents claims paid under Construction Training Fund programs as well as payments of the Building and Construction Industry Training Fund levy.
If you do not comply with the responsibilities set out below, we can suspend or terminate your account and, in some instances, you could face civil or criminal penalties.
It is your responsibility to:
- Keep your personal information secure to prevent others pretending to be you online;
- Make sure your personal details, your name, contact details, are correct and up-to-date;
- Maintain personal details of the users listed on the CTF account if you are the nominated account administrator. Administrators must terminate access rights for users who leave their company.
- Make sure you are the only person using your account. You must not allow someone else to sign in as you or to use your CTF account.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information we collect through ctf.wa.gov.au will be used or disclosed only for the primary purpose for which it was collected.
In limited circumstances we may need to use or disclose personal information. For example, where required to do so by law, including under the Freedom of Information Act 1992 or in response to a subpoena.
Why CTF collects personal information
We collect, hold and use your personal information for our normal business operations and activities, including:
- Communicating with you;
- Verifying your identity and supply address;
- Administering and managing BCITF Levy project details and payments
- Administering and managing program claims and payments
- Facilitating responses to your inquiries or complaints;
- Conducting customer surveys;
- Gathering and aggregating information for statistical and modelling purposes,
- Reporting to regulatory authorities and government bodies on regulatory compliance and performance obligations or otherwise comply with the law where required.
Collection and use of site visit data
The following information may be automatically recorded by this site’s web server for statistical and system administration purposes only:
- Your server address;
- Your top level domain name (e.g. .com, .au, .gov);
- The date and the time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you accessed and downloaded;
- The address of the last site you visited;
- Your operating system;
- The type of browser you are using.
We will not attempt to identify individuals from the above information unless that is necessary to investigate a breach of law or regulation.
Construction Futures Centre
When you register for a session in the Construction Futures Centre, we collect personal information such as your name, contact details, postal address, email and phone number. We may ask you to provide other information about yourself if it is relevant to your booking.
The data we collect is used to:
- Administer and manage your Construction Futures Centre booking.
- Help us understand more about the composition, needs and behaviours of our visitors.
- Give our visitors personalised and relevant content.
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our content and services; and
- Provide you with information on upcoming Construction Futures Centre services and events that may be of interest to you.
We will not use or disclose information collected about you other than for a purpose made known to you, a purpose you would reasonably expect, a purpose required, authorised, or permitted by or under any law, or a purpose otherwise authorised by you.