This website privacy statement applies to ctf.wa.gov.au, as managed by the Construction Training Fund. When you follow a link from this website to another site, we recommend you read and consider the privacy statement of that site.
Collection of personal information
You can browse the general content of ctf.wa.gov.au anonymously, without disclosing your personal information. However, the portal functionality on this site will require you to provide personal information.
When you use this website, you consent to the CTF’s use of any information provided by you such as your company name, current e-mail address and phone number for the purposes outlined below
Your email address and other information you provide will be recorded, and used for CTF purposes, and you consent to the CTF communicating with you through that contact information provided. This information will only be disclosed as required or permitted by law.
We will not use or disclose information collected about you other than for a purpose made known to you, a purpose you would reasonably expect, a purpose required, authorised or permitted by or under any law, or a purpose otherwise authorised by you.
You can request access to the information we have collected from you if you have any concerns about the accuracy or extent of that information.
The CTF portal is designed for users to access and review information relating to their interactions with CTF programs and the BCITF Levy.
It is important to understand your responsibilities when using the CTF Portal.
If you do not comply with the responsibilities set out below, suspend or terminate your account and in some instances, it is possible you could face civil or criminal penalties.
It is your responsibility to:
- keep your personal information secure, it is possible someone could try and pretend to be you online;
- make sure your personal details (such as your name, contact details etc.) are correct and up to date;
- maintain personal details of the users listed on the Account If you are the nominated Administrator for an Account (This includes terminating their access rights if they are no longer with the Account company)
- make sure only you are accessing your account (You must not allow someone else to sign-in or use your CTF account)
Use and disclosure of personal information
Any personal information we collect through ctf.wa.gov.au will only be used or disclosed for the primary purpose from which it was collected.
In some limited circumstances we may also need to use or disclose personal information for other specific purposes, for example where required to do so by law, for example pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 1992 or in response to a subpoena.
Why CTF collects personal information
We collect, hold and use your personal information for our normal business operations and activities, including:
- communicating with you;
- verifying your identity and supply address;
- administering and managing BCITF Levy project details and payments
- administering and managing program claims and payments
- facilitating responses to your enquiries or complaints;
- conducting customer surveys;
- gathering and aggregating information for statistical and modelling purposes,
- reporting to regulatory authorities and government bodies on regulatory compliance and performance obligations or otherwise comply with the law where required.
Collection and use of site visit data
The following information may be automatically recorded by this site’s web server for statistical and system administration purposes only:
- your server address;
- your top level domain name (e.g. .com, .au, .gov);
- the date and the time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and downloaded;
- the address of the last site you visited;
- your operating system;
- the type of browser you are using.
We will not attempt to identify individuals from the above information unless that is necessary to investigate a breach of law or regulation.
A cookie is a block of data that is shared between a web server and a user’s browser. Cookies, and the information collected through them, are used by ctf.wa.gov.au to make this website more efficient.