The WA Training Awards recognise and reward outstanding achievements of apprentices, trainees and vocational students, and the contribution to training made by trainers, training organisations and employers. Through celebrating these successes, the Awards continue to put our State’s top achievers in the spotlight.
There are 13 categories in the WA Training Awards; eight individual categories and five organisation categories, as listed below. Winners in individual categories receive $3,000 to further their training or kick start their careers. Organisation winners are recognised as industry leaders and provided with marketing materials to promote their achievement.
- WA Apprentice of the Year
- WA School-based Apprentice of the Year
- WA Trainee of the Year
- WA Vocational Student of the Year
- WA Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- WA Cultural Diversity Training Award
- WA International Student of the Year
- WA Trainer of the Year
- WA Large Employer of the Year
- WA Medium Employer of the Year
- WA Industry Collaboration Award
- WA Small Training Provider of the Year
- WA Large Training Provider of the Year
Applications for the WA Training Awards 2020 close on Friday 1 May at 5.00 pm and the winners will be announced at a presentation dinner on Friday 18 September 2020.
For full details about each of the categories and how to enter, please visit www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/watrainingawards.