Roof plumbers ensure that your house or building doesn’t leak by installing gutters, downpipes and roof sheeting on residential, industrial and commercial buildings.
Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
Residential / Commercial
What might a working day look like?
May perform tasks including:
- Fabricating and installing guttering, downpipes and roof sheeting on residential building roofs in accordance with blueprints and specifications
- Assessing and repairing leaks including disposing of old materials safely
- Designing and installing roof drainage systems for different roof types
- Calculating quantities, areas, volumes, etc necessary for specified roofs from plans and blueprints
- Estimating materials required and quoting costs
- Full-time hours per week
- Mostly working outside in all weather conditions and working at heights
Skills and personal qualities
- Be able to understand technical drawings and plans
- Have a careful, methodical and accurate approach to work
- Problem solving skills and enjoy practical work
- Can work at heights
- Work as a team or independently
- Have a reasonable level of physical fitness
- Time management, reading and writing skills
How to get started
Entry to this occupation is by completing a Certificate III Roof Plumbing apprenticeship.
Future Pathways and opportunities
- Business owner