Our Scholarship program gives students a head-start in construction while they finish school.
A Construction Training Fund Scholarship provides students with the best chance of securing a building and construction apprenticeship. Year 10 students can apply for a CTF Scholarship valued at $10,000 for Year 11 and 12.
The scholarships are awarded to about 200 WA students each year, with a passion for building and construction and produces some of WA’s most employable school leavers.
The CTF Scholarship pays for tuition, the costs of enrolling at a registered training organisation, safety equipment and clothing. There is no cost to the school or the parent.
Certificate II qualifications are highly regarded by employers of apprentices and trainees and can, in some cases, give you credits or reduced time as an apprentice.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Scholarship is delivered one day a week over Year 11 and 12 at one of our partner training organisations. When combined with workplace learning it gives students 8 points towards the 20 needed to achieve their WACE, leaving participants four days a week to achieve the remaining 12 points.
To begin your construction future with a CTF Scholarship, you need to complete an application using a link below.
Successful first phase students will then be interviewed by the training partners selected during your application, which are:
- South Metro TAFE
- Skill Hire WA
- North Metro TAFE
- MPA Skills
- Motivation Academy
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- CTF branded PPE
- Workplace learning arranged and assessed
- Experiences like tours of the Construction Futures Centre and hearing from guest speakers
WHAT COURSES ARE AVAILABLE?
- (52824WA) - Certificate II Building and Construction – Trades Pathway
- (52825WA) - Certificate II Building and Construction – Paraprofessional Pathway (Construction Management and Design)
- (52700WA) - Certificate II Plumbing,
- (RII202720) - Certificate II in Civil Construction.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Last modified on: