Scaffolders erect and dismantle scaffolding to provide work platforms on building and industrial sites, and for temporary structures such as staging and seating.
Certificate III in Scaffolding
Residential / Commercial / Resources
What might a working day look like?
May perform tasks including:
- Fits and bolts tubes, support braces and components to form bases and build up scaffolding.
- Lifts and positions sections of scaffolding.
- Erects guard rails, guy wires, ropes and clamps
- Laying planks and hanging safety nets.
- Dismantles and removes scaffolding from building sites.
- Full-time hours per week
- Mostly working outside in all weather conditions and working at heights
Skills and personal qualities
- Be able to understand technical drawings and plans
- Have a careful, methodical and accurate approach to work
- Problem solving skills and enjoy practical work
- Enjoy working at heights and in the elements
- Work as a team or independently
- Have a reasonable level of physical fitness
- Time management, reading and writing skills
- Able to lift heavy material
How to get started
Entry to this occupation is by completing a Certificate III Scaffolding apprenticeship.
Future Pathways and opportunities
- Business owner
- Leading hand